English Language and Key Skills Instructor
Salary R 50 000.00 – R 55 000.00 + Benefits
The Instructor is responsible for teaching English Language to High School Level. Organizes program of practical instruction. Plans and supervises work of Trainees, individually or in small groups, in class rooms. Tests and evaluates achievement of Trainees in language and key skills.
• Develops and conducts programs to teach Trainees
• Confers with management and staff to determine teaching objectives.
• Writes training program, including outline, text, handouts, and tests. Schedules classes based on classroom and equipment availability.
• Lectures class handouts, and texts, and using visual aids.
• Observes Trainees and administers written and practical exams and writes performance reports to evaluate trainees’ performance.
• Maintains discipline in classroom.
• Assist the senior instructor.
• Assist in developing written and performance tests for assessing specialized training programs.
• Assess trainee portfolio’s to the agreed External Verifier and Awarding Body standards
• Assist in the training, development and certification of trainees as NVQ Assessors
• In coordination with the Senior Instructor, implement a suitable Internal Verification an assessment and Quality Assurance system to meet Awarding Body requirements and ensure that the quality of the programs is maintained
• Implement policies and procedures to ensure Quality Control is managed professionally and effectively
• Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports as required
• Be active in suggesting ways of continually improving the training programs
GENERAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• To work within the Company’s Quality Assurance procedures.
• Make self-aware of Health and Safety Regulations and uphold your responsibility to Health & Safety as an employee, pass on knowledge to Trainees and peers.
• To be aware of actions necessary in cases of accident or fire.
• To keep work area clean, safe and hazard free.
• To always act as an ambassador for the Company.
MINIMUM / DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE EREQUIRED
• Bachelors Degree, preferably in English
• Minimum CELTA or equivalent ie PGCE, Trinity College Cert, post-grad teaching
Diploma. Preference will be given to DELTA and MA qualified applicants.
• 5 years+ teaching experience to adults
• Excellent communication, presentation and IT skills
• Preferably experience of teaching Arab learners
• Preferably experience of teaching English within a technical context
• Ability to teach Maths to High School level highly desirable
• Native English and Bilingual speakers required (high proficiency in Eng)
PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING to firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Fully comprehensive CV in WORD format.
B. Copy of last payslip
C. Copy of qualifications
D. Skype Address
E. Drivers Licence
F. Copy of ID
G. 2 contactable referees, if you have any written references, please send those