Instructor / Trainer – Industrial Vocational Training – Electrical
SALARY: R 50 000.00 – R 55 000.00 + BENEFITS
• Lead the classroom development and on-going maintenance of all training programs, course materials
(theoretical and practical), procedures and assessments to satisfy the client and Awarding Body requirements
• Assist the senior instructor in selecting and recruiting a suitable team of associates / assistants.
• Ensure that the equipment in the workshops and laboratories and areas suitable and adequate in number to complement the training and assessment
• Assist in identifying and sourcing suitable redundant equipment from Operating Companies for training purposes
• Assist in developing written and performance tests for assessing specialized training programs.
• Present power point presentation to company staff in non teaching days.
• Deliver Training
• Assess trainee portfolio’s to the agreed External Verifier and Awarding Body standards
• Assist in the training, development and certification of trainees as NVQ Assessors
• Ensure standards of all programs he is responsible for at the centre and in the workplace (OJT) is maintained
• In coordination with the Senior Instructor, implement a suitable Internal Verification an assessment and Quality Assurance system to meet Awarding Body requirements and ensure that the quality of the programs is maintained
• Implement policies and procedures to ensure Quality Control is managed professionally and effectively
• Develop and manage teaching and assessment schedules
• Discipline the trainees he is responsible for when required
• Coach and train technicians where required
• Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports as required
• Be active in suggesting ways of continually improving the training programs
GENERAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• To work within the Company’s Quality Assurance procedures.
• Make self aware of Health and Safety Regulations and uphold your responsibility to Health & Safety as an employee, pass on knowledge to students and peers.
• To be aware of actions necessary in cases of accident or fire.
• To keep your work area clean, safe and Hazard Free.
• To always act as an ambassador for the Company.
1. Min. qualification – Technical / Engineering Diploma within the relevant subject
2. 3 years training experience
3. 5 years industrial experience within the oil & gas industry
4. Excellent English language ability
5. Desirable: Competence based assessment experience (e.g. NVQ)
6. Desirable: A1 or V1 / D32 or D33
7. Desirable: Middle East experience
8. Desirable: High level of IT (Windows based applications) and presentation skills in communications and instructional technique
9. Desirable: Have completed either formal ‘Train the Trainer’ or Certified Trainer course
PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING to firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Fully comprehensive CV in WORD format.
B. Copy of last payslip
C. Copy of qualifications
D. Skype Address
E. Drivers Licence
F. Copy of ID
G. 2 contactable referees, if you have any written references, please send those
If you have not had a response within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful.