Up to 1.25 mil pa
Skills and Experience
The Solution Architect will play a leading role in guiding the direction and strategy of the project/s they are assigned to.
They are expected to provide thought leadership, technical guidance and to be heavily involved in the hands-on development of the software solution that meets the clients’ business needs.
The successful person will be technically astute, able to present and get buy-in from clients and team members, and provide considered opinions to questions or problems that arise in the development process.
• 8 or more years of C# development working experience, and a proven track record in solution architecture.
• Must have the ability to architect an enterprise system to the client’s specific non-functional requirements.
• Extensive knowledge of architectural and design patterns and the ability to evaluate and apply them (e.g. GOF patterns).
• Solid understanding of Object-oriented programming fundamentals.
• Solid knowledge and practical experience of at least one RDBMS, including basic DBA functions.
• Good understanding of client-side paradigms and patterns.
• Needs to have a high level understanding of the common frameworks in the .NET / Java technology stack and needs to have detailed implementation experience in several of these frameworks.
• Able to architect in unfamiliar technology spaces without guidance, establishing the appropriate solution patterns to be followed by the technical team.
• Broad working knowledge of standard technical solutions to non-functional requirements (e.g. security, performance, availability, scalability, extensibility).
• Able to establish and run SDLC processes successfully, to ensure quality, timeous delivery.
• Must be able to effectively lead a technical team and create a positive team environment.
• Must provide mentorship and technical guidance to all members of the team.
• Effective verbal and written communication with team and client.
• Accountable for technical delivery and risk management.
• Flexible and able to work under pressure.