Intermediate Java Developer
R360 000 to R600 000 (Negotiable)
The intermediate Java developer is primarily responsible for the development and deployment of elegant software solutions. They play a crucial role in the development of software solutions that solve real-world problems. They participate in design discussions and offer positive opinions on the approach to solving problems and assist in overall delivery with their colleagues and clients
Skills and experience:
• Demonstrated knowledge of Java and good knowledge of generics, threading and networking (should be able to solve complicated problems).
• Good GOF design patterns knowledge (should have knowledge of all GOF patterns and be able to make trade-offs between using which pattern in what context).
• Basic Enterprise design patterns knowledge. Enterprise Integration Pattern knowledge
• Java spring, JSF, and Spring Framework experience. Solid exposure and experience with build tools like Maven and Ant.
• Must have a good knowledge of Java EE 6 or higher and be able to explain the advantages and disadvantages of using Java EE and a Java EE application server.
• Must have a good knowledge of ORM tools (including fetch strategies and serialisation). Specific ORM knowledge required will be JPA and Hibernate.
• Database normalisation, indexing and stored procedures. NoSQL or MongoDB exposure is advantageous
• Message broker technologies such as JMS or Rabbit
1. A minimum of 3 years of professional Java development experience
2. A completed 3-year tertiary qualification, SCJP certification or similar industry-accredited academic qualification
3. The ability and flexibility to travel to and be based at different client sites as the need arises
4. GOF design patterns
5. Basic Enterprise design patterns
6. ORM Tools (JPA and Hibernate)
7. Database knowledge of Oracle, Postgres, Document DB or Microsoft
8. JSF, Apache Tomcat or derivative.